Homework can be a wonderful opportunity to talk to your child about what’s happening at school, and to see what your child can do on his or her own.
Homework can help children
- Review and practice what they have learned in class
- Develop self-confidence as independent learners
- Apply what they have learned
- Solve problems
- Expand their knowledge
- Schedule your homework in advance. Use your agenda to help keep you on track (a to-do list is very helpful).
- Pick a spot that is quiet and away from the family action.
- Turn off the TV or find a place where you can’t see it or hear it.
- Music is okay for some learners.
- Get comfortable.
- Be positive.
- Be sure you understand what it is that you are asked to do.